Self-care is all about tuning in to your needs – mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. It’s about setting boundaries and putting YOU first. When was the last time you actually allowed yourself to slow down and do something that recharged you? Taking care of yourself is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being. When you prioritize taking care of yourself, you can expect massive rewards. Here are just a few to look forward to:
- Hella Productivity – When you start making self-care a priority, you automatically become more intentional with your time. You learn to say no to things you don’t want to do and say yes to those that you do. You begin to watch for signs that you’ve overextended yourself and you stop before you become overwhelmed. Self-care allows you to recharge so you can accomplish your to-do list with ease.
- Better Caregiving: It’s hard to care for or give someone else your time and energy when you are running on empty. Self-care allows you to fill your cup first, so you have more to give to others when the time comes. It’s like when the safety presentation in the plane: you have to put your own mask on before you help others put theirs on. When you put your needs first, you’ll be a much better caregiver because you will have a full well from which to draw.
- Transformational Gratitude: Practicing gratitude will radically transform your life. When you live in a state of self-love, you’ll practice gratitude every day because living in love means living in gratitude. You’ll find yourself appreciating all sorts of small things that perhaps you never even noticed before. You’ll marvel over the sunrise or the beautiful way the wind rustles through the trees. When you prioritize your self-care, you can’t help but live in gratitude, and when you live in gratitude, you are, for the most part, you see the incredible beauty of life all around you, which leads to a happier, more confident you.
- Wealth in Health & Manifestation: My mom always says, “Health is wealth.” It’s really true. You can have all the money in the world, but if you’re in bad health, it means nothing. Your health is everything. When you listen to your body, nourish it with good food and exercise, and pay attention to when it tells you to relax and recharge, you boost your immunity and keep sickness and fatigue at bay. Your energy levels will begin to skyrocket and you’ll raise your vibration, which means (woo hoo) manifestation will come much easier.
- The Greatest Love Affair of Your Life: Self-care helps you to become much more aware of how you treat yourself inside and out. When you become mindful of how you treat your mind and body, you will no longer tolerate negative self-talk, unhealthy eating habits, or bad coping mechanisms. Your relationship with yourself is the longest and most important relationship you will ever have. Why not make it one of love and compassion? Don’t worry if you’ve treated yourself like crap in the past. Awareness is the first step to making positive change in your life; it’s the first step on your self-love journey. All you need to do is make a decision right now to love yourself and treat yourself with respect and you will embark on a beautiful journey of self-love and acceptance.
Self-care has many benefits. The great thing is that it doesn’t take much time, effort, or money to begin. Actually, it probably takes more time, effort, and money to treat yourself poorly, and the benefits you will reap from a solid self-care routine far outweigh any associated costs.
So, what do you say? Are you ready to put yourself first and to implement a self-care routine?