#004: Jonathan Rivera is an aviation engineer. For the past seven years he’s been traveling the world. He seeks out people with whom he radically disagrees or who are different from him and then tries to walk in their shoes— to understand why they think and believe the way they do. He calls these conversations “conversational activism,” the key to which is listening with active curiosity in an effort to learn and serve. He believes we can change the world, one conversation at a time, through this practice.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Deep down, we are much more alike than we are different.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- You can change the world every day through the conversations you have. Jonathan calls it Conversational Activism and says it is a superpower.
- Be actively curious about other people.
- Listen with the purpose of learning, Listen with the purpose of serving.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
SONGS IN THIS EPISODE: