#005: Star Hansen is a spiritual organizer. She brings organization to the world one color-coded label at a time.
With her vibrant presence, girl next door charm, empowering compassion, and organizing know-how, Star breaks down the stigma that organizing is an overwhelming and dreary task.
Known as the “Lifestyle Organizer,” Star’s multi-layered approach is that of mind, body, spirit, & space, with a focus on green living. Star has a knack for seeing through the chaos and into the lives & hearts of the people she works with. She diagnoses people’s emotional and lifestyle blocks through their clutter, guiding them to a state of organization and joy.
She has been sought out to appear as a host and organizing expert for OWN, TLC, HGTV, Style, A&E, and the Tyra Banks Show. Star’s humorous and thought-provoking TEDx Tucson talk explores what the monsters in your closet are trying to tell you.
Star can be found teaching her online organizing classes and working with clients around the country.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Clutter is a friend. It is an expression of you. It is a conversation—a dance you are in the middle of and if you will listen to what it is saying, it allows a beautiful potential for healing, growth, and hearing our deepest, truest nature that we normally ignore.
- Through the process of organizing, you meet yourself. You come up against your traumas, wounds, and fears from the past. And the beauty of it is, you do it in a slow way.
- Create spaces for visitation of your past self.
- How you do anything is how you do everything.
- We are fed by everything around us.
- Management of clutter and stuff and information that is coming at us is really you practicing self care. It’s you saying, “My energy and how I feel is more important than anything else.”
- The minute that you trust yourself and trust spirit, your intuition will grow.
- “You came for organizing. You stayed for life transformation.”
- Being able to manage your energy is important. Community helps with this.
- Organizing gives you a dopamine hit.
- Enrich yourself and give yourself the tools you want to share with other people.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Star’s offer for a free session for my audience! Starhansen.com/checklist
- Star’s TED Talk – Listen to the Monster in Your Closet
- Star’s website: www.starhansen.com
- Star’s Chaos to Calm Organizing Membership: www.starhansen.com/membership
- National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professional
- The Sixth Sense
SONGS IN THIS EPISODE: