#012 Dr. LuLu Shimek is a Naturopathic Physician and expert in genetic health who works with patients experiencing chronic disease: autoimmune disease, digestive disorders, chronic pain, depression, anxiety and fatigue. She believes that once we dive deep down to the root of the problem of the distortion and ignite our bodies innate ability to heal, we see unimaginable changes in our well being.
She is also an international speaker and author spreading the message of health and educating about prevention and wellbeing.
Her podcast, The Genetic Genius™, is dedicated to genomics and planetary alternative health, and her new book, Detox Nourish Activate: Plant & Vibrational Medicine for Energy, Mood, and Love, comes out this month. It focuses on using botanical medicine and other natural modalities to heal the whole body by optimizing vitality, increasing wellbeing and enhancing cellular performance.
In this conversation, Dr. Lulu teaches us how to avoid adrenal fatigue and what to do if we have adrenal fatigue, how to maximize our health (including our brain health), and the medicinal power of the plants around us.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Your mindset and your lifestyle are hugely important to support your adrenal system.
- If you have adrenal fatigue, address any sleep issues you may have.
- Stress and the emotions and the physical body are connected. If you are having issues in your physical body, you must deal with the underlying mind and emotional issues.
- We can change our DNA and we can change the DNA of future generations to come by removing environmental toxins and changing our lifestyles.
- Diseases come forward for us to address.
- Plants have a deep, profound message for us if we take the time to listen to them.
- If you process herbs yourself, they will have much more potency than they will if you buy them from the store.
- Making your own plant medicine is not only better for you but it is also better for the environment.
- To promote brain health, we need to detoxify our bodies by eliminating heavy metals and other toxins, nourish the brain with health fats and herbs and ave different activities to charge our brains because our brains are just like batteries.
- Hydrate! Drink enough water every day for brain and body health.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dr. Lulu’s new book
- Dr. Lulu’s Twitter
- Dr. Lulu’s Facebook
- Dr. Lulu’s Instagram
- Podcast: The Genetic Genius
- Dr. Lulu’s YouTube
SONGS IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ultra Violent Rays – The Nervous Return
- Mad Planet – Two of Us