Dear Me in 2006,
I am sitting here 15 years on and there are some things I think you really need to know…
- Everything you desire in life lies on the other side of how much you love and value yourself.
- No one else has any power over you, nor is anyone else responsible for you life (sorry you can’t blame your parents). You are where you are in life because of the choices you made.
- You have the power to create whatever life you want for yourself.
- Meditate everyday. Twice a day if you can. You will be amazed at the shift.
- People are like flowers. They are all different. They are all beautiful.
- Everything is a blessing.
- Enjoy every day to the fullest (see the sunrise if you can).
- Surround yourself with beauty and positivity. Spend no time with negative people or on negative thoughts,.
- Get a dog. It will fill your heart with so much love, you will think your heart might burst.
- Be honest with people. It is one of the kindest things you can do.
- Go vegetarian.
- I know you are a musician, so you have to be in clubs a lot, but spend less time in bars.
- Always seek to see the best in everyone. Especially in the people who challenge you.
- If you don’t use it, you lose it (keep working out!)
- You don’t realize this right now, but nothing stays the same. You are in one of the best times of your life. There are many more great times to come. Savor every moment.
- Listen to the birds.
- Embrace change. It’s the only constant in life.
- Forgive people who hurt you. They were just doing the best they could with what they knew.
- Trust your intuition.
- Let love be the force that guides your life in all things.Well, that’s all for now.
I love you so much,
P.S. What do you wish you had known 10 or 15 years ago?